Friday, June 8, 2012

Workout Hair

Let's get the "fitness" part of this blog going.


I refuse to believe all the hype media stories that black women don't work out solely because of their hair trials and tribulations.
Certainly, that may be one factor for some individuals, but most of the black women I know don't work out for reasons that are common to all women: lack of time, don't know where to start, thinking that it has to be this expensive, complicated process, being intimidated by the whole idea of fitness.

All that being said, I know that for me, my kinky hair does require a bit more thought than the lady next to me in the gym locker room who simply blow dries her hair straight after every workout.
I'd be bald.
I mostly wash my hair once a week.
If my "out" style (braidout, twisotut, etc.) does not last through my workout, I do a bun, updo, wet bun (cowash and bun), and keep it moving.
The above is how I wear my hair during workouts, fuzzy edges and all.
If my "out" style lasted, I take it down from the puff and go on my merry way.
I'd love to keep perfect, frizz-free styles...but it ain't gonna happen and I sure as hell ain't gonna stop working out. So I make it do what it do.
What are some of your tried and true workout hair tips? 

No comments:

Post a Comment