Tuesday, July 31, 2012

repost: easy peasy veggie pasta



whole wheat pasta (walmart brand, i ain't fancy)
green peppers
tomatoes
caned black olives
plenty of olive oil (i have a thang for olive oil)
seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, ms. dash
crumbled veggie meat-i used Worthington's FriChik
romano cheese
boil your pasta
saute your veggies and "meat" in olive oil.
season to taste
toss and serve

notes: I really don't believe canned veggie meat is the best thing, but i do use it sometimes. it can really be convenient. 

i am a fan of doing pasta without sauce. sometimes the sauce is the culprit for the high calorie content in pasta. try it out-you might start to prefer it!

i avoid salt at all costs. hypertension runs in the family, so i am very conscious about adding salt to my foods.


I just realized i have posted this before, but not with all of this info. so this is a repost. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, but I don't really care for veggie meat, so if when I do try this dish I probably will will use shrimp or simply no meat at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds cute! let me know how it comes out with the variations

      Delete
  2. OMG yummy. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete