Saturday, June 16, 2012

summer hair: the wet bun

i like finding super easy, quick styles for the summer that don't require heat.
i sometimes cowash (rinse with conditioner) daily in the summer because i get really sweaty during my workouts and just being outside. so i stay looking for styles that i can do on my freshly cowashed hair.
one of my faves is the wet bun. pretty simple and always chic.


this bun is basically just a large twist pinned up.
products: V05 to cowash and leave in, coconut oil, and ecostyler gel for the edges.

3 comments:

  1. this might sound crazy, but i need step by step instructions on exactly hooowww you got your hair to lay down so nicely without dumping a tub of ecostyler in your hair Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, @kolabeta, lol definitely not a whole tub tho.
    it all starts in the shower. i make my part before i get in there, and during my cowash, i begin brushing my hair with my denman in the direction i want it to go. after i get out, i apply the ecostyler, and make sure i place a bandana on my head. the scarf is what get things super smooth.
    let me know if you still have questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a post on my blog about summer hair as well and I agree the bun is a good bet. It's just too hot for all that hair out!

    http://doingmemindbodyandspirit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete